Enrichment from CSV

Mar 27, 2008 at 1:54 PM
Pleased to find this tool after the disappointment about the RTM CRM 4.0 not supporting enrichment. I managed to get it working and update records in CRM. Now, after reading the help file ("UpdateViaImportHelp") I feel I miss a point.

The original problem was that CRM 4.0 does not allow export and re-import, thus enriching existing data. The UpdateViaImportHelp file, however, says I can still create a csv from this tool, modify it and upload it using the MSCRM Data Import wizard.

Which doesn't work....

What do I miss?
Mar 27, 2008 at 3:20 PM
OK, see now that the csv, when having the correct format and content, forces the import wizard into the "enrichment" mode. The enrichment tickbox is present anyway.

So I do a test, exporting the All Competitors view from the Competitor entity to our tool, and from there export it to csv. CSV looks OK, first column has the GUID, second has the Modified On. Updated the CSV by entering some data in the Web Site column. Created an import job for this CSV: enrichment tickbox, record type and data map were set automatically, then started the import job.

Job stopped with Errors = 0 but State Reason = Failed. Error message was:

"Import has encountered an error and has been canceled. Your system has been restored to its original state. At least one attribute mapping has its IsSystem attribute set to 1. Import cannot create systemmm attribute mappings."

Anyone?
May 12, 2008 at 4:25 AM
I seem to have the same problem that pwouda had, I cannot get the "enrichment" tick box to show, I have tried every variant of data delimiter and although it maps automatically the tick box will just not show??

Anyone else struggling with this? as enriching data is the feature from the MS pre sales roadshow that my customers really appreciated 
Jun 1, 2008 at 3:03 PM

Microsoft cuted Enrichment fuctionality in offical relaese.

There is plenty of articles on web showing this feature, but only few were stating that RTM release was used in demostration.
Jul 22, 2008 at 6:42 PM
@silver100.  

I am trying to understand what you mean, but I think your English is not too good.
Do you mean that the current version of Microsoft CRM does not include the ability to enrich data?
Do you mean that the feature was in the originally released version, but that Microsoft has since removed the feature?

Do you know why they did this?

Regards,
Harold